REANNZ Video Conferencing
REANNZ Video Conferencing (sometimes referred to as the KAREN Video Conferencing Service or KVCS) makes connecting with local and international contacts easy with simple to use video conferencing tools.
Our video conferencing service
Subscribers to the service benefit from bridging for multipoint calls, a booking system for scheduling meetings and inviting participants, webcasting and recording capabilities, and a free desktop application which anyone anywhere can use to connect to meetings.
REANNZ Video Conferencing is a not-for-profit service funded by subscribers and is managed by REANNZ. You pay once (through your annual subscription fee) to use the service as much as you wish. There are no use-based charges for our video conferencing service.
Eligibility and access
Subscription to REANNZ Video Conferencing is open to members in all membership categories except Content and Service Providers.
Check out the subscriber list to see whether your organisation is a subscriber to the service. If this is the case, then you can use the service by:
To connect to our bridge
Follow the instructions on this page in the tutorials section.
REANNZ Video Conferencing includes three components - video bridge or MCU, Scopia desktop client and iView booking system. Together these enable you to:
- Experience full high definition (HD) video conferencing from a VC room or your computer
- Share your presentation with participants
- Record your event for replay or podcasting
- Stream your event live over the web
- Protect private meetings with a PIN
- Schedule meetings with the easy to use booking system
- Moderate meetings with IOS devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Members have virtual rooms for ad hoc meetings
Visit this page for a breakdown of the full technical capabilities of REANNZ Video Conferencing.
How subscribers are using the service
- National and international collaborative research
- Remote diagnostics in medical and bio-security environments
- Co-delivery of courses
- Interviewing remote candidates for job vacancies
- Science outreach to schools
- Accessing international experts for speaking events
- Graduate oral examinations
Subscribe to the service
(Note: this section refers to Member Organisations, not individuals looking to sign up. If you are an individual, follow the instructions under 'Eligibility and access' above.)
Contact us if you are a REANNZ member organisation and wish to inquire about or sign up to REANNZ Video Conferencing.
Support for REANNZ Video Conferencing
Your first port of call for help with REANNZ Video Conferencing is your local IT team. They can help you set up the software, your headset and camera, and can also provide advice on booking, participating in and moderating meetings using the service.