REANNZ is the Crown-owned company that provides the national network that connects all the universities, CRIs and other leading research organisations here and to 120 similar networks globally. We work to provide high-performance network solutions for our country's top researchers and educators, who often need access to emerging technology and niche creative solutions to achieve their ambitions. Our people are highly-skilled, passionate about our purpose, collaborative, and member focused. As a small but highly effective organisation, we look for motivated, innovative people who can identify and implement creative yet pragmatic solutions for both REANNZ and our members.
Reporting to the Chief Engagement Manager, the Communications and Marketing manager will be responsible for developing the REANNZ brand along with their communications and marketing strategy.
Our ideal candidate will have 5 years or more in a similar role either with a University, Crown Research, Government or Telecommunications organisation. Social Media strategies will be a focus and you must be energetic and tech savvy. You will be expected to get out and about and meet people so excellent relationship development skills are essential.
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Experience in marketing and communications, preferable at management level
- A relevant tertiary education in marketing or digital communications, or substitutable industry experience
- A good understanding of the science, research, education, and innovation communities in New Zealand
- Have exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise work commitments and manage time while delivering on outcomes
- Reflects REANNZ key behaviours; passion, teamwork, excellence, ownership, innovation and personal / professional growth
You should be politically astute, a fast learner and forward thinking, our staff have many ideas outside of their traditional areas of expertise. We will encourage you to share your ideas with others, participate in group discussions and generally pitch in where you can. REANNZ is a small company made up of interesting people - come and join them!
To apply for this job please email Douglas Harré