REANNZ is a crown-owned, membership organisation, providing leading-edge telecommunication services for our country’s top researchers, educators and innovators.
The REANNZ network is an integral part of our members’ IT infrastructure on and off campus. We work diligently to help our members fully utilise the network and improve the design of their internal infrastructure. Read more about what we do.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be in a hands-on role within the REANNZ systems team. This role will require iterative learning, designing and building of DevOps pipelines and demonstrating best practice across the organisation. The scope of this role will include automated testing, provisioning, configuration management, dynamic monitoring and system support.
Attitude and approach are more important than experience in this role. Our ideal candidate will have a firm grasp on the importance of culture and strong attention to detail. They will also be pragmatic, self-organising and a confident member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Required hands-on expertise:
- Understanding of core Linux fundamentals such as ssh, bash, cron, etc.
- Software development with Python
- Managing robust and repeatable system deployment using Ansible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred hands-on expertise:
- Management and support of Ubuntu systems
- Management and deployment of SAML/Shibboleth identity management systems
- Deep software development experience using Python and C
- Deploying and managing systems to AWS
- Designing and building continuous integration pipelines
- Business intelligence approaches and platforms