The TNC17 Networking Conference is the largest and most prestigious European research networking conference, with more than 650 participants attending this annual event. TNC brings together decision makers, managers, networking and collaboration specialists, and identity and access management experts from all major European networking and research organisations, universities, worldwide sister institutions, as well as industry representatives.
Through keynotes speeches by renowned specialists, varying parallel sessions, demonstrations and presentations, the Conference presents participants with a unique overview of the latest developments in research networking, both in the technical field and in the area of application and management. The keynote speakers are:
- Gerfried Stocker, Artistic and Managing Director at Ars Electronica Linz, Austria
- Bikash Koley, Director of Network Architecture, Engineering and Planning at Google.
- Hannes Gredler, Chief Technical Officer at RtBrick, Inc.
- Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic, author of Storytelling with data: a data visualization guide for business professionalsArtur Serra Hurtado, Deputy Director of the i2cat Foundation and Research Director of Citilab in Catalonia, Spain.
- Laurie Goodman, Editor-in-Chief of GigaScience
- Martin Brynskov, Associate Professor in Interaction Technologies at Aarhus University, Denmark
- Sebastian Chan, Chief Experience Officer at ACMI, the Australian Centre for the Moving Image.
TNC17, its 33rd edition, will be hosted by the Austrian Academic Computer Network (ACOnet), the Austrian National research and education network (NREN) for science, research, education, and culture. The conference will be held in the picturesque, UNESCO City of Media Arts of Linz, Austria between 29 May - 2 June 2017.