Give your users access to a wide range of online services using a single sign-on with Tuakiri, the REANNZ federated identity service.
Reduce your workload
Providing a new service for your users is as easy as agreeing to make it available — the platform we provide gives your users access to all our service providers, so there’s no extra set up.
There’s also less user management — you only need to manage a single user directory for all Tuakiri services.
Help your users
Tuakiri makes it easier for your staff, students and researchers to collaborate with people at other research and education institutions, within New Zealand and globally.
They can use their Tuakiri login details to access a wide range of world-class web resources and services — and they’re not restricted to logging in from campus or work.
No more implementation costs — services integrate through Tuakiri, so all you have to do is complete the service provider agreement to give your users access.
And because of the size of our community, you can access bigger and better agreements than you could get on your own.
Tuakiri provides a trust framework, enabling a more secure way for you to connect with service providers.
Identity authentication is managed by your organisation, using your own directory and registration processes. No identity data is shared with us — it’s shared securely, directly between you and the service providers.
Current services include:
- academic journal subscriptions
- learning management and research management systems
- subscription video content
- databases, applications and library repositories
- wiki collaboration.
We're adding to our services all the time. If there are any services you’d like to see added, please let us know.
How it works
- Your organisation applies to become an identity provider to the Tuakiri federation.
- We help you set up the access platform to enable the federated identity services.
- You manage your organisation’s user directory and release only the required details to allow access to services.
- Your users use their Tuakiri login as a single sign-on to use the service providers' websites and collaborate with other federation members.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- The University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Environmental Science & Research
- Landcare Research New Zealand
- Plant and Food Research
- Ara Institute of Canterbury