This page contains support information about the REANNZ network. For a general overview of the network please go to our services section.
If you are a new member or contemplating becoming a member, there are three key things you will want to have a think about before we can connect you to the REANNZ network and internet.
- Connectivity options between your site(s) and the REANNZ network.
- Ensuring the costs of the links fit within your budget.
- Self-managed vs. REANNZ-managed edge devices.
Please send us an email if you would like to discuss any of these items or get estimated pricing.
Check the Weathermap to view total national network throughput, unicast packets and broadcast packets to and from the PoP your campus connects to. The Weathermap also provides a live overview of the national network and traffic flow around the country.
We send a PDF report of your national network usage, international commodity internet usage and Science Wave usage on a monthly basis. This is emailed to the senior level IT staff at member organisations. To be added to the list of people who receive the monthly report for your organisation, please contact our engagement team.
If you would like to increase your international commodity internet capacity, please contact our engagement team and we will provide estimated costs and place an order for your upgrade.
REANNZ PoP locations
- NSH North Shore, Northcote Road, Auckland
- MTA Mt Albert, Mt Albert Road, Auckland
- NPL New Plymouth, Bell Street, New Plymouth
- MDR Mayoral Drive, Auckland
- HLZ Hamilton Ruakura Road, Hilcrest, Hamilton
- AVL Avalon, Fairway Drive, Avalon, Lower Hutt, Wellington
- WLG Wellington Lambton Quay, Wellington
- FRK Fraser Street, Frankton, Hamilton
- PRL Matthews Avenue, Takaro, Palmerston North
- TRG Tauranga, Spring Street, Tauranga
- ROT Rotorua, Sala Street, Rotorua
- NPE Napier, Browning Street, Napier
- MUP Palmerston North, Tennent Drive, Palmerston North
- NSN Nelson, Haven Road, Nelson
- CHC Christchurch, Durham Street South, Christchurch
- LCN Lincoln, Cnr Springs Road and Ellesmere Junction Road Lincoln
- DUD Dunedin, Great King Street, Dunedin
- IVC Invercargil, Dee Street, Invercargil
- AKL Auckland, Kingston Street, Auckland
- FST Chorus Exchange, Featherston St, Wellington
- BHE FX PoP, Woodmor Rd, Witherlea, Blenheim
- TOD Dunedin, Great King Street, Dunedin
- CRT Whiteleigh Avenue, Christchurch
If we experience technical difficulties with the network we will notify all members who are affected as soon as we are aware of the problem.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your organisation’s connection and have not received an email from us to advise of a known fault, please call our 27/4 service desk on 0508 466 466 or complete the report a fault form.